Thread: FRAPS trial cleaner

1. Angry FRAPS trial cleaner

I am having trouble trying to clean the registry of the
    fraps trial
    latest version
    FRAPS show fps, record video game movies, screen capture software

I red the how to, doing manually and almost stuffed up all my other programs in doing so.
    Is there a fraps trial cleaner program ? I saw a post as a torrent for this ,but saw its torrent was dead.

I bought the full version fraps, but it will not run because the trial keys can not be removed in the registry.

Please help me
    I tried regmon and crap cleaner ,but nothing works.
    Last edited by auto78900; 08-16-2007 at 02:47 AM. Reason: problems pasting text in message

You will probably have to format your system drive and reinstall all software.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mihai View Post
    You will probably have to format your system drive and reinstall all software.

thanks for your reply. I also wanted to know with "system restore point" , is that only for computer settings or would that get rid of the keys that fraps left in the registry ? if I have a restore point before I installed the trial which I do ?

To be honest I've always deactivated that option but I know it can clean the registry so this may help too. I just can't advise how to use that tool. But I'm sure the Windows Help system is fine.

To restore System State data
    Open Backup.
    The Backup Utility Wizard starts by default, unless it is disabled.

Click the Advanced Mode button in the Backup Utility Wizard.
    Click the Restore and Manage Media tab, and then in Click to select the check box for any drive, folder, or file that you want to restore, click the box next to System State. This will restore the System State data along with any other data you have selected for the current restore operation.
    Caution

If you restore the System State data, and you do not designate an alternate location for the restored data, Backup will erase the System State data that is currently on your computer and replace it with the System State data you are restoring. Also, if you restore the System State data to an alternate location, only the registry files, SYSVOL directory files, Cluster database information files, and system boot files are restored to the alternate location. The Active Directory directory services database, Certificate Services database, and Component Services Class Registration database are not restored if you designate an alternate location.
    Notes

You must be an administrator or a backup operator to restore files and folders. For more information about permissions or user rights, click Related Topics.
    To start Backup, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Backup.
    If you are restoring data from a tape, you should update the on-disk catalog for the tape before you perform the restore operation. For more information about updating a catalog, click Related Topics.
    You can also use the Restore Wizard to restore the System State data by clicking the Tools menu, and then clicking Restore Wizard.
    In order to restore the System State data on a domain controller, you must first start your computer in a special safe mode called directory services restore mode. This will allow you to restore the SYSVOL directory and Active Directory directory service database. For more information about starting your computer in safe mode, click Related Topics.
    You can only restore the System State data on a local computer. You cannot restore the System State data on a remote computer.