Thread: Making Movies

Cool Making Movies

Hello UK,

I want to make videos for personal entertainment and to share on Youtube. My main audience will be Youtube. I have no clue what the heck I am doing. However, I am 31 and have 40 good years of life left in me(at least).

Although my style will be "Vlogging" I seek to impress people with lights, sounds, animation, 3d effects and general artsy effects one on Youtube might not be accustom to.

I do not think I will ever have a desire to make a movie over 20 minutes in length.

My current budget to spend on video editing software is: $2,300. Knowing I do not have a clue what I am doing and knowing my main audience will be youtube what do you suggest within that budget? I have found software from $59-$2300 USD - I wonder what the US dollar is worth in Europe. I just looked it up 1693.74 Eur/1426 pounds(or there abouts)
    XE.com - Universal Currency Converter

I can spend an additional $1,900USD on graphic design and animation software. What should I consider?

How was this made:

I am interested in animating video and photographs and setting them to music. I would much rather spend more money and get features I will never use than spend less money and need to upgrade in 1-? years. However, if I can get software I need for much less - DO TELL. Does that make sense?

Even if it is your suggestion I should go with the least expensive software I am still interested in knowing what the entry level amateur/professional software is for both editing/design and it's cost. USD/EUR/Pound
    Thanks for the help,

HelloUk
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Loosechange.com - help fix the USA
    Non-professional & Confused
    -Impeach & Convict the mean president

People will recommed the software they use, so there is no way to get an honest answer, in fact there really is no "best" software in my opion. Whats best for might not be best for you, you get where I'm coming from? Whit that said I like Sony vegas, they have a free trial ( just google it) Some like Adobe Premiere Pro, and they have a trial ( again google it ) As far as effects go, I think everyone would agree that After Effects is the most popular, look at videocopilot.com for their tutorials and see some of the possibilities that can be created with it. To me the video looks like annimation software like maya or 3dsmax
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Default I dig, I dig

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman Photography View Post
    People will recommed the software they use, so there is no way to get an honest answer, in fact there really is no "best" software in my opion. Whats best for might not be best for you, you get where I'm coming from? Whit that said I like Sony vegas, they have a free trial ( just google it) Some like Adobe Premiere Pro, and they have a trial ( again google it ) As far as effects go, I think everyone would agree that After Effects is the most popular, look at videocopilot.com for their tutorials and see some of the possibilities that can be created with it. To me the video looks like annimation software like maya or 3dsmax

Thank you very much. That was extremely helpful. If anyone has different suggestions please feel free to add.

My friend's brother (who's 13) did a rather impressive piece with Windows Movie Maker and another program who's name unfortunately escapes me. Judging by the film, WMM would seem like a good choice, however my experience does not extend past iMovie.

Here! Here! Definitely check out videocopilot.com. He has a very extensive (and FREE) video tutorial section. And I highly recommend checking out his DVD collection. After Effects was like a foreign language to me until I stumbled across his site.