Thread: Encore/Premiere: Ok to use 10 sequences?

Default Encore/Premiere: concerning creation of chapters

Hi,

I´m starting a project which, when finished, will be around 45min. I´ve got around 6 hours of material for it.
    I will make different scenes, which can then be found in the DVD menu (never tried this before).

It would help me if I could make an own sequence for every scene (there´s going to be around 8-10 scenes). Also, working on the project in many sequences would help, because then I wouldn´t have one long timeline with all the clips and effects.

The question is, when I have, say, 10 sequences in Premiere and project is for that part done, can I export the sequences into their own 10 pieces of .AVI files, import them to Encore and then still make the movie play as one long film when you press "Play"? Alternatively the user can, as I said earlier, go to "scenes" from the main menu and select the scene he/she likes.

Thanks!
    Last edited by abrotherus; 08-15-2007 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Better description of problem

You can have twelve AVBI files and create a single menu button to play them all, one after the other in Encore. However, if you do that you may have trouble chaptering through them as a user. Each 'clip' will start from chapter one of a different track and so would be very confusing to users of the DVD.

I would create a single timeline in Encore fro them all. Later versions of Encore allow more than one clip to be placed on a timeline. Not played with it though as I do all my editting in Premiere but I guess it would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
    You can have twelve AVBI files and create a single menu button to play them all, one after the other in Encore. However, if you do that you may have trouble chaptering through them as a user. Each 'clip' will start from chapter one of a different track and so would be very confusing to users of the DVD.

I would create a single timeline in Encore fro them all. Later versions of Encore allow more than one clip to be placed on a timeline. Not played with it though as I do all my editting in Premiere but I guess it would work.
    I´m not sure I understand what you mean with "Each 'clip' will start from chapter one of a different track". What track are you talking about?

Each of your many timeline sequences needs to be exported ready for inclusion in an Encore project. Each export produces a seperate video file. I simply referred to each of these as a 'clip' that's all.

In Encore, each timeline you create will become a seperate 'track' on the final DVD. You can then have one button to play all tracks sequentially. However, if each 'track' represents a different chapter in your project then it will not play back as different chapters. Each 'track' will start from chapter 1. Confusing I know.