Thread: What do you folks think of my video?

Default What do you folks think of my video?

This is my fourth video. In this video I was trying to give the feel of a 1980s MTV video style where there are 2-3 story lines going in the same video (in this case with music and video, not words) and the viewer actually understands them without the viewer's eyes going bonkers with so much flashing and quick frame edits on the screen.

The room the pianist is in is extremely small and limited on where to film from.

I'm using Premiere Elements 3.

Thanks for viewing.

Here's the link:

That was pretty good, I did not care for that round transition or the lack of angles.

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

The circle transition was an emergency stop-gap measure because I couldn't get a dissolve to cover both sides when I put it in the middle of the clip. It would only go to one side and not the other. I do not understand that. The side that it would not attach to had a triangle on the upper corner. I don't know what that's for either. Any ideas?

Thanks for your comment.

What NLE are you using? I knoe Vegas allows cross fades on the time line with out having to insert a transition.

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

I went back over my training videos and discovered a problem that caused a ripple effect throughout the entire video. It also caused my above-mentioned problem. This new discovery will make my next video much easier to edit.

Thanks for your help.

Liked the video, I preferred the fades to the transitions. Personally I think it would have been cool if you could have keyed the wall out behind the pianist and imposed some of your wave shots behind him

One quick point, the opening shot of the pianist, the audio seems to be lagging the video slightly, half a beat or so you may want to watch this

Nice video though really got the mood well.

I agree with what's been said so far...

I know the difficulty of filming a keyboard in a limited space, and unfortunately for me that kinda spoilt it. I think it would be worthwile investing in some greenscreen backdrop. You could then easilly key the player and his piano into a number of sutuations (Even just a sort of nebulous dark space, to focus the attention onto the talent and not the decoration)