Thread: DVD works on computer, but not on DVD players

Default DVD works on computer, but not on DVD players

So I'm trying to build a DVD for a client, and I can get it to play on all the computers I've tried, but not correctly on any standalone DVD players.

I put the video together in Premiere pro 1.5, and put the dvd menus together in Encore 2.0. One dvd player said that the region code was off (or some error like that) and one played it in black and white, looking like the resolution was wrong (tv was 640x480, video is 726x5**).

How can I get this dvd to play in most, if not all dvd players? It's going to be mass mailed, and I want everybody to be able to watch it.

It's encoded as PAL, I'm in north america, if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance,
    Kyle

At my place we make differant DVD-R copies using the multiple formats. If the client doesnt know which they can use, we send them a copy of a format picked at random and 95% of the time itll play for them, if it doesn't we send them out another copy on a differant format DVD. Most DVD-R's use a type of GOB file that large amounts of players recognize.

You could always buy an FTP site and upload a medium bitrate file to everyone to watch on the net-thatll give you lots of ability to reach the client. You can password protect your site and give the URL, username and password in the DVD shell case to the client or purchasee.

Yea, I agree with novakid. Definately check/change your media. Im not quite sure but I think DVD+R is the way to go. I purchased a stack of Sony DVD+R's to burn and they burned great. The only thing is that they didnt work in my Sony DVD Player but they worked in everyone else. Go figure .

Try using a different brand and try burning at the slowest speed.

Scott

I tend to create a client preview page that piggy backs my site where I upoload the video in Flash format for the clients to view. Sometimes I create a download option as well, so long as they have paid!!

Your DVD issue depends on what software you are using. Generally it will give you an options as to wether you want to play on computers and or normal DVD players.