Thread: Keep getting logged out

Default Keep getting logged out

My apologies firstly if this is the wrong place to post this problem I'm having, but I keep getting logged out of this forum. It happens when I first log in on arrival and when I go to post a reply to a question, I also get this error... Network Error (tcp_error)
    A communication error occurred: "Operation timed out"
    The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time. Would any of you admin guys know what's going on. Now I haven't used the forum in a few weeks and maybe that has something to do with it. Any help would be much appreciated.

I would PM Marc P. This is his forum and he fixes all that stuff.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman Photography View Post
    I would PM Marc P. This is his forum and he fixes all that stuff.
    He's certainyl the guy for this one. But I think you'll find he's on holiday at the moment so do not expect an immediate reply.

Thank you for the replies, it's not a major problem so I'll wait until Marc returns and PM him and hopefully he will sort it out.

Blog Entries

Have you checked the keep logged in option? If that doesn't work, do you have problems with other sites using cookies (eg logging into other password protected sites or forums?).

It could be that the cookie for the forum has become corrupt, in which case you may need to delete the cookie and force the forum to create a new one by logging in again. Alternartively you may have anti spyware software that is deleting the cookie and therefore your login information.

Marc, I got your PM, thanks, I'll look at my anti virus software again, but it is the same software I've been using since the start of this year and it hasn't caused a problem such as this in the previous 8 months. I will also check the settings in my browser, might need to lower a few of them. Which part of the forum has 'keep logged in option'?, I've been looking for it but can't find it. No I haven't had any problems with other sites that require a password to access them.

Problem sorted... one of the settings on my browser was too high, I must have changed it and forgot about it but no more logging out. Thanks Marc and everyone else for your help.

Blog Entries

Good stuff