- Transfer of Hi-8 (analogue) camcorder footage to DVD, via PC, with
- No loss at all of video or audio quality,
- No reduction in frame rates.
... such that the final result is COMPLETELY INDISTINGUISHABLE from viewing
the original tape.
Before you skip over this saying "this question has been asked many times before" - please hold on.
I am aware that there are PLENTY of TV capture cards/USB devices out there, with reports such as "good quality for the money" - but that's just the point - I'm not really sure what is meant most of the time by "good quality" - dfoes it really mean a perfect copy with no resolution/frame rate drop as above?
So question 1/ is
- What capture device to use. (one final thing - I'm not bothered about left and right channel audio, mono is OK)? (will the £20 cards really do the job?)
- What file format to capture to? (does it matter?)
Added background - I've seen lots of discussion such as "USB can't cope with data transfer rates (ie reduction in frame rates?) and that firewire is best - or is this just for DV capture?