Thread: Advice on attracting content producers

Default Advice on attracting content producers

We are attempting to get people with video production skills as well as presenters (good on camera skills / voice) to help out with our project. The project is an online encyclopedia like wikipedia, only the words/topics are presented via-online video.

Users will click a word (like God, DNA, George Bush, Manchester United etc.) and a video pops up to tell them about that topic without having to leave the HTML page they are on (users will download our plugin).

Anyway, all we need are 20 to 30 of these short clips in order to test the concept. We are having a hell of a time finding folks willing to upload short clips (1-2 minutes) that can provide a certain level of quality and objectivity.

Any suggestions where we might find such interested participants to help with our project. This does not pay as it is simply a concept test for now. Eventually videos will recieve royalty.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rockridgepartners@sbcglob View Post
    We are attempting to get people with video production skills as well as presenters (good on camera skills / voice) to help out with our project. The project is an online encyclopedia like wikipedia, only the words/topics are presented via-online video.

Users will click a word (like God, DNA, George Bush, Manchester United etc.) and a video pops up to tell them about that topic without having to leave the HTML page they are on (users will download our plugin).

Anyway, all we need are 20 to 30 of these short clips in order to test the concept. We are having a hell of a time finding folks willing to upload short clips (1-2 minutes) that can provide a certain level of quality and objectivity.

Any suggestions where we might find such interested participants to help with our project. This does not pay as it is simply a concept test for now. Eventually videos will recieve royalty.

Thanks
    This is really simple, and its a no-brainer, really. I and a lot of people here are content producers who produce quality work.

But we do it for money. I like to eat, drink red wine, generally have a good time - it costs money, for which I barter my time. It's your concept you're testing, not mine - therefore you should pay for the work you want us to do.

At this point, I'd say your concept needs a serious revise, wouldn't you?
    Last edited by ChrisG; 08-08-2007 at 10:11 PM.
    I try to make someone happy every day - but it may not be your turn today . . .