Thread: Frustrated. Whats wrong with my screen?

Default Frustrated. Whats wrong with my screen?

Is there any way that i can make the screen layout the way it was when i first opened vegas studio.
    For example in order to preview a video i have to click on the video preview tab at the bottom of the screen. I have to do the same for project media video fx etc. Originally I could select project media and my video preview could be opened at the same time.

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/9986/tyie6.jpg

thats a print screen. a real bad one but you get the idea.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Blog Entries

Looks from that very poor jpg that you've managed to stack all the windows onto one docking area.

View | Windows Layouts | Deafult Windows Layout

will reset you to default. Then play with Alt-D and Ctrl-Alt-D to create and retrieve different layouts for different tasks.
    Tim

Sorry to be a pain again, but I am the biggest rookie when it comes to editing.
    When I clcik on view at the top of screen there doesnt appear to be a windows layouts option or a default windows layout option.
    This is vegas studio 8 by the way.

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/2450/aaawa0.jpg

thanks again if you can help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by penistree View Post
    This is vegas studio 8 by the way.
    Layouts ONLY available in the Vegas+DVD Production Suite version of Vegas.

Here is the link to the Vegas Family Comparison table. Look at the 7th row.: Sony Creative Software - Vegas Movie Studio 8 - Vegas Family Comparison

Grazie

so theres no way to get the layout back to normal. what if i was to reinstall the program?

Quote Originally Posted by penistree View Post
    so theres no way to get the layout back to normal. what if i was to reinstall the program?
    Who said that? Reinstall? Bit drastic? No?

Grazie

Blog Entries

OK, not quite as drastic as a reinstall (although this isn't as drastic as Grazie's implying for people who haven't customised too much) the following will get you back to all the default settings (note I said ALL the default settings - not just the layout). I've tested this with VMS 6, but it's from a current knowledge base article so I'm pretty optimistic it'll work.

Reset Software to Default Settings
    Question

Is there a way to reset the program back to the default settings of when I first installed it?
    Answer

Close the program. Now press CTRL+SHIFT while double-clicking on the program's icon to launch it. Continue to hold the CTRL & SHIFT keys until the program is fully up and loaded.

In newer programs, you will see a window that asks "Do you want to reset all preferences to default values?" Place a checkmark next to "Delete all cached application data" and then click Yes.
    Tim