Thread: Pinnacle and Vista

Default Pinnacle and Vista

Can a Pinnacle DC10 card and Studio v8 ever be made compatible with Vista? I have d/l so called updates from both Microsoft and Pinnacle to no avail.

When I checked my PC and it's components on the Microsoft Compatibility Site - twice - before installing Vista it was all sweetness and light and YES everything will work. Oh no it doesn't.!

My main reason for having a PC is video/graphics editing and for this Vista is a chocolate teapot.

To add insult to injury my Epson photo-scanner is not compatible either and Epson have no imtention of making it compatible.
    Vista is a work in progress and clearly it hasn't got very far. How is it that so many reviewers wax lyrical about it?
    I rue the day I installed it.

From what I know, only v.11 of Pinnacle works on Vista. It's a bummer fo those on 10 or lower, but I suppose when they made v.10, they were still on XP.
    v.11 boasts being compatable with Vista, widescreen monnitors and HD footage.

Thanks British Eye, it's as I expected.
    I doubt that I will ever buy a Pinnacle product again, their customer service is a misnamed nightmare. When I had problems with the original XP setup they rarely replied to queries and when they did it was only to answer the questions that I didn't ask. I think they must be politicians!

I do hear a lot about the awful help service from Pinnacle. I had to suffer it myself when my version 8 went weird. They weren't very helpful at all - a very long wait for a reply and not very helpful either.

There is a new kind of 'FAQ' area that's more of a forum now over at the Pinnacle website, which if you register your product, you can view and post questions, which are usually well answered. This could be a step in the right direction for Pinnacle. I would check over there first before you give up!