Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help on Making a Video

Talking Help on Making a Video

Hey i want to make a video of the streetsof Ontario, CA. But the thing is i need help for example what is the most important thing imust now about making a video. Howdo i take the video shots of the cars and at what angles. Ihave a song also i dont knowif itl be good thought its potatoeheadz-living on video. I would like to know the basics andlearn alot of new things from this forum. Thanks!

No 'silver bullet' answers to this question I'm afraid. If you want to know what works and doesn;t work for camera angles on cars then you really need to just get out there and try it to see what works in your own mind and what doesn't. What I might think is a cool angle you may hate and you're the director of your won movie so these decisions sit in your lap.

However, you could watch lots of Hollywood movies about cars to see what they've done though. Havign said that though, you'll not likely reproduce most of the angles they can do through lack of equipment and permits i.e. in the UK you cannot just suction mount a camera to the side of a car and drive down the street because it s a safety risk to pedestrians.

One idea that might help you play and work out some things is some storyboarding s/w I use. Frameforge3D (you can google it). They do a free trial and you can use that to position a car or two and then dump a camera (or 4) around it and move them about and change focal lenght and depth of field to see which angles on the cars you like. Also, if you do it in a piece of s/w lilke that you can record all the settings and distances etc and then actual setup out on the streets will be minimal.

Ok thanks for the tips but do you know a forum that is not in the uk no offense.

I can think of a couple that seem to be predominantly US. Why is it important? Video editting software is the same no matter where you are.

I live in the US and this it the forum I'm most active in, You won't find much better then here. Theres a trick I've done for filming streets/cars, if you need to film driving down the street, find a street that has no cars on it and film from the back of a truck then reverse it in post, its safe and no one will ever know.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Exclamation

Yeah but i would like to try other forums to see which one is better for me. So can i get those links? Also i want your opinion if you would pick a program to edit which one would itbe? I cant seem to decide.

You'll never get a straight answer to what editing software is better. People will AWAYS name the one they use. Do a search and you will find many of these threads on it. My advice go to the diffrent websites and download the demos and see for yourself. As far as what forums are good again do a search for "video editing forums" google is a wonderfull thing, just give it a shot. Good luck I hope you find what your after.
    Wil

Software Used:

Talking

Yeah then ill go with ulead teh link you gave me thanks! BRO!

Talking

I seen the of cannon xl 1 or 2 is that one real good and where is it cheap?

New you'll spend about $3500 usd
    Wil

Software Used:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast