Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: adding keyframes on the fly?

1. Question adding keyframes on the fly?

Not a fly fly.

What I want to do is watch my video and add keyframes according to audio events, which I can also see as wave format.

I want to watch the video in real time and tap a key to make the keyframes.

Is there a key to tap along with that will place the keyframes where I want them? I can then go back and add text for each one and position it.

Is that feature available in vegas?

Yes. And much better to haev the thing rolling along for the best sense of the video too!

If it is solely for positioning a TEXT Event tap the "M"-arker key. Then go back to the beginning and either using Ctrl+Right Arrow OR Ctrl+Left arrow navigate to and from each and every Marker. Then Insert your text! - I've just now created a keystroke for Insert Text and this makes this process a KeyBoard command too!

I do a lot of this, not just for text placement.

So, not quite Keyframes by MARKERS.

Grazie

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post

If it is solely for positioning a TEXT Event tap the "M"-arker key. Then go back to the beginning and either using Ctrl+Right Arrow OR Ctrl+Left arrow navigate to and from each and every Marker. Then Insert your text! - I've just now created a keystroke for Insert Text and this makes this process a KeyBoard command too!
    Nothing happens when I tap the M key. Also, in my text window, I never see the position handle move along the project. I have to move it manually to get to the next position. That's too tedious.

Do I have to add the 'm'arker keyboard command myself?

Quote Originally Posted by greenlight View Post
    . . . in my text window, I never see the position handle move along the project. I have to move it manually to get to the next position. That's too tedious.
    Please explain more fully?

Quote Originally Posted by greenlight View Post
    Do I have to add the 'm'arker keyboard command myself?
    Eh? I never have had to? What version of Vegas are you running? Set the video playing and just tap the M key. You should see MARKERS appearing each time you hit the M key. I do !

Grazie

5. Default

What I'm trying to do is set keyframes for individual text events, not place a series of text events. This all occurs within 5-10 seconds, and I need several keyframes. It would save me a lot of time if I could figure out how to do this. Right now I have to move the keyframes with no reference to the audio track other than listening to it and placing the events accordingly.

6. Default

OK, I see the markers, I was still looking in the text window.

Good!

Now listen to the music and TAP the M key.

Grazie

8. Default

Here's an example of what I'm trying to do:

9. Default

The reason I want to do this in one text event is so I can animate the keyframes. I don't know if you can do that over multiple events.

10. Default

can you please explain how you made a keyboard shortcut for adding text events? Will I be able to make it add a text event using my custom preset?

EDIT-
    I figured out that task by searching the Add custom keystroke for text. That was fairly easy.

EDIT_
    I added a 'text' keystroke, but nothing happens. Can you please instruct?
    Last edited by greenlight; 08-02-2007 at 06:07 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast