Thread: Motion Path of an object

Default Motion Path of an object

Hi, i was just wondering if there was any way to draw a path for an object to move using Sony Vegas. For example, if i want a picture of a basketball to move up and down, the way i would do that now is by moving the ball a little higher or lower every frame. This method is extremely time consuming when the project is larger. Once again, is there an option to draw a project motion for an object to move. For those of you who still don't quite understand my question, im asking if there is an option similar to the one in the PowerPoint program. In that program u can draw a path for an object or text to move.

Blog Entries

I don't think you can use a path as such, but track motion can help. A straight up & down bouncing ball would be no sweat, but the hypebolic path travelled by a ball thrown viewed sideways on might be more tricky (though not impossible).

Have your background image/video on track 2 and your image of a ball (with the background as an alpha channel or keyed out) on track 1.
    Click on the track motion icon in the track header of track 1 and move the ball to where you want it to begin.
    Move the timeline cursor to the next point it might be reasonable for the ball to travel IN A STRAIGHT LINE and move the position of the ball to that point. This will create a new keyframe at that time point.
    By repeating this sequence you create a path of points joined by straight lines.
    Tim