Thread: Timelapse with Asaph (music video)

Default Timelapse with Asaph (music video)

This is my first post on this website that caught my eye after stumbling upon it.

The video I am submitting for the competition features the music of a band named Asaph that is located in Lafayette, Indiana. I edited various storm chasing and cloud timelapse videos of mine with the Asaph song " Alone Time".

The music has somewhat of a sad sound to it but is also lifting and plays into the video sequence nicely, (i think).
    PS: I have full permission for song use.

YouTube - Timelapse With ASAPH

I am looking forward to any comments, questions or criticism!!

Thankyou very much for taking a look,
    -Terrence Cook
    Last edited by TCook; 07-30-2007 at 05:42 AM.

Blog Entries

The video probably looks a lot better on a decent screen rather than the small "youtube" window. Some of the camera movements in the time lapse sequences were(for my taste) a bit jerky and I'm not quite sure how the competition theme "La Dolve Vita" fits in.
    Nice footage though and very enjoyable to watch.

Thanks for commenting Guru. I posted this in the competition because to me, the good life is stormchasing and simple weather observations. If necessary please move my video to a more appropriate thread location. Sorry for the inconvenience.

-TCook

Blog Entries

No inconvenience, it was my fault for not understanding the relationship. Now that you've explained that your idea of a "Good Life" is storm chasing, I see what you're getting at. Maybe you should consider a short voice-over or titles at the start to explain this?

Good luck in the comp.

First - I really like the timelapse footage. I know that they can be pretty difficult to accurately capture, especially with the sunny spots you found. Some of them were exceptional.
    Second - I'm not sure what programs you're using, but you may benefit from After Effects - specifically, some of the motion tracking tools that can help you get rid of the movement in a few of the shots.
    And, just for my curiousity's sake - how are you capturing these? On film, digital camera, what? I'm always looking for advice on good time lapse ideas. Keep up the good work!

Default reply to reply

Thanks for the comments and thoughts 'guitarfaces'. To let you in on my method, i first have to tell you that i'm using the lamest of the lame.... this was created on windows movie maker.

I certainly do hope to have premier and after effects by the end of the year!

As for the capturing device, it was all done with a digital camera on video mode, so it's like 640x480 pixel quality. To make it worthwhile capturing on such low quailty media I would wait for high contrast or fast moving clouds and storms and leave it capturing video for an hour or sometimes much longer. I use no programs to remove frames but thanks to the small file size I can just speed the video up in a cheap program like WMM.

The video function i used was on a 4.0MP Kodak Easyshare camera and was extremely durable in wet or windy weather. A few times it got left in the rain while capturing video and it still worked like a charm the next day. I probably subjected that one digital camera to 250 hours of video capture.

I am a storm chaser, so that probably helps me with pointing the camera where the action is or soon will be.

-Thanks for the Questions.
    Last edited by TCook; 08-10-2007 at 09:32 PM.

Nice colors and great shots! Good luck in the competition.