Thread: a question from every beginner..unbeleiveble to think its not on here already

Exclamation a question from every beginner..unbeleiveble to think its not on here already

hi, ive been using canon xl1 and 2's from my college for the past year...and a few smaller cameras to get some handheld shots..like in crowds and things like that

but ikm looking for my own camera now

one to call my own, mainly to shoot short films..but small enough to carry everywhere

price is the main concern followed by quality

i like to shoot fast paced scenarios like a band performing..or someone running

please can someone help

ive been looking at the canon elura 100 but cant find it anywhere

if worst comes to worst ill have to save up for a canon optura 600, but surely someone can help me

please help me

2. Default

I use simmilar camcorders as well at work.

If you're looking for a video camera that is powerful and has a lot of bang for its buck, choose the Canon ZR500 or the ZR800

They offer supreme image quality
    compatibility
    A built in lens cap
    an external mic option

If you're looking to see how one runs, I have a demonstration video on youtube of samplpe footage I shot with the Canon ZR500 and 800

It's a beautiful camera with a lot of bang for its buck.
    Imagination and discipline are like yin and yang; both are completely different and yet without each other they are nothing.

I'm curious abouth the second half of your post topic.

This may come as a newsflash but your NOT the first person to ask for camera recommendations on this site.

first Thanks RET80 i was looking at the 500/700/800 series, but what put me off is that a few people mentioned quite a loud motor noise being picked up on the internal camera...any response to this??

and as a reply to the synical question

noone has asked what camera is good for a beginner, sure people have asked for advice on cameras..i didnt think i was a first

but what camera is good for a beginner..people have replied and asked asbout camera models not "what camera is good"

thanks for the help guys

5. Default

That's preference.

The canon ZR is known for being a great introductory model for people who are new at filming.

But hey, there's also the Mattel Pixter
    or the Vcamnow
    or any of the aipteks

you see, it's usually just preference. There is no 'THIS IS WHAT YOU START WITH' model in the market. You look at it, see the price, determine what it has and that's where you go.
    Imagination and discipline are like yin and yang; both are completely different and yet without each other they are nothing.

thanks ret ive just placed a bid on ebay for an mv890...im pretyy sure its the PAL model

thanks for your help i wondered why you were pluggin it and a friend has the mv890...its brilliant!!!

7. Default

Bingo, that would be the PAL model!
    The MV890 is the equivalent to the ZR500 and 800

It's a wonderful, cheap little camera with LOADS of options, you wont be dissatisfied.

The Canon Elura is the USA version of the Canon MVX460