Thread: editing software?

Default editing software?

Can anyone recomend video editing software that lets you use layers kind of like flash does. I need to be able to put images over the top of video like putting a picture of someones face over someones face in the video. I need something thats fairly basic. any ideas? oh yeah freeware if possible otherwise fairly cheap. Thanks...

Respectfully, I thought they all did this. Anything worth the name of 'Video Editor' should do it ini my opinion. What s/w have you tried that does not support this basic function then?

I'm using video edit magic at the moment and it lets you place an image over the video but you can move the image around to follow the video it just stays there. I can't find anything in the instructions to say you can do it.

Final Cut Pro of Apple. The best. All my videos are made there:

VIDEO GRAPHIC

Even the flash animation is done in Final Cut

Hell yeah,

Final cut studio 2 for the win!

motion (included in studio) can track an object that you may want to cover up (car number plate, face etc), and can also record keyframes automatically as you move your image around the screen.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MOSH View Post
    Hell yeah,

Final cut studio 2 for the win!

motion (included in studio) can track an object that you may want to cover up (car number plate, face etc), and can also record keyframes automatically as you move your image around the screen.
    Avid may be the one that comes close to Final Cut, but still, they've just copied much of the functions from Final Cut. Just make sure to have enough RAM on your Mac otherwise Motion can be sometimes slow. 4GB should do it.

I need something really similar, or something that will obscure or fuzz out a person and then move around as they move. I have a PC and currently use Ulead 9, I find it very basic and there are no options to do anything like this.
    Are there any fully functioning demos that anybody knows of that I could use?

Quote Originally Posted by the_Gizzard View Post
    I need something really similar, or something that will obscure or fuzz out a person and then move around as they move. I have a PC and currently use Ulead 9, I find it very basic and there are no options to do anything like this.
    Are there any fully functioning demos that anybody knows of that I could use?
    Are you sure there's not a way. I'd be suprised if there isn;t. This si usually done by applying a mosaic pattern across the entire image and then simply masking it to the area required and animating the position of that mask over time. So look for mosaic (or at a push any blur filter) and then examine your masking options.