Thread: making slide show - have 2 questions

Default making slide show - have 2 questions

I'm new to Vegas, my neighbor switched to Mac so I got his Vegas 7 PC for cheap. Basically I'm creating a DVD slide show and have 2 questions.

for the menu I'm going to have 12 180x120 pixel PIP's around the screen that will each essentially be a mini slide show of it's own. I'm using the Track Motion to set up the placement of each, then applying the transitions to the images, there will be video clips (titles) tossed in the mix via AE 6.5 if I can figure out an easy way to overlay them.

I'm using 12 tracks, one for each image, and the images will transition 1 after the other in order around all 12. Maybe it's because I'm new to Vegas but this is taking me a long time, and I want in the end to have about 60 different images transition, possibly more. I don't mind spending the time, but is this the best way to achieve this effect? Hopefully what I'm asking is making sense to someone, it's kind of difficult to explain.

thanks

You certainly have me confuzzed??

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    Basically I'm creating a DVD slide show and have 2 questions.
    So, Q1 is about DVD Menu Creation and Q2 is about ease? Simplicity?What exactly?

See, I AM trying to understand.

Here is some "feedback" about Q1 - if this actually your question . .

for the menu I'm going to have 12 180x120 pixel PIP's around the screen that will each essentially be a mini slide show of it's own. I'm using the Track Motion to set up the placement of each, . . . . .
    You don't set up clips in DVDA using Track Motion? Have I got this wrong? Hope I have!

Is this the start of Q2? This reeeeallly is doing my Brain in .. !

I'm using 12 tracks, one for each image, and the images will transition 1 after the other in order around all 12. Maybe it's because I'm new to Vegas but this is taking me a long time, and I want in the end to have about 60 different images transition, possibly more. I don't mind spending the time, but is this the best way to achieve this effect?
    What exactly ARE you asking here?

If I had this project I'd produce: 12 lumps of video, each containing one of each of the 60 slide shows; In each of these there would be whatever I can come up with and set Markers to become chapter points to be used as Chapters within DVDA. Within DVDA I would then use "12" images and set each Chapter to be triggered by each of the 12 lumps of prepared MPEG footage. It is when you start talking about Track Motion within Menu structures that makes me think you haven' got a "handle" on just what each of these - Vegas+DVDA - does?

Hopefully what I'm asking is making sense to someone, . .
    Well not to me. Sorry ..

. . . it's kind of difficult to explain.
    Ah huh!! This I DO understand.

Please try and deconstruct what you are wanting.

Carefully raise each point as a question and to highlight your plight/confusing/wishes give "examples"

Now, maybe somebody else understands what you are asking for. In any event, I'm around and will keep an eye out for your next post,

Best regards,

Grazie