Thread: Videos

Default Videos

I am a newbi to and one thing I learned on creating videos, you best take that sucker from a 50 MB to a 5 MB or shorter because it is pure hell for those on dialups. I have encoders and windows movie maker 2 and on my website I have some vids. there are two I spent time on but it was getting clips and splicing and adding music to the background. Check it out, it has to do with the war on terrorism.

I have a question as well, but I don't know if it is to be asked here but I will and ill post it in the proper room in case no one here knows the answer.

question: If one wanted to remove texts from a downloaded video how does one do it? I know what you are thinking, copy right violations etc but If you could, how would you remove texts from a video?
    roberttrevino.com

Blog Entries

The only way you could do it would be to crop the video. You could edit each frame and use a cloning tool to mask out the text, but this would a) take years and b) look pants.

Default crop?

So how does one crop using windows moviemaker 2? or is there FREE software I could down load and use that? take years? and look pants?
    roberttrevino.com

I never saw any words in that download!

Default removing texts like a www addy from a video

That vid I put up there is just somethig I shot during one of Dallas's worst storm in 10 years, it knocked out power for 180 thousand people. So that was not what I was refering to.

the vid I want to edit has the www addy I want to remove. Like I said I know you would not do it and I wont either but how does one do that anyway if the person was so inclined to do so? :

[img][/img]
    roberttrevino.com

Blog Entries

What video editiing software (apart from WMM2) do you have available, and what codec is used in your downloaded video? (if you don't know the answer to the latter, what is the file extension?)

Default video

I have it converted to .WMV extension, Windows Moving Video. wmv is much shorter than .AVI

I use windows media converter 9.0 to convert from AVI to wmv. It plays on windows media player.

I only have windows movie maker 2
    roberttrevino.com

Blog Entries

In windows Media Encoder, go through the usual menus, then click properties on the main menu. Click the video size tab, and select custom in the top drop down box. Fill in the boxes at the top next to crop with your video height and width.

Now, assuming the text is in the lower third, enter a value into the box next to bottom to crop the bottom. Unfortunately WME doesn't offer a graphical representation, but you can roughly work this out but estimating the proportion of the height the text covers. Finally, fill in the bottom boxes with the new height after cropping.

Click apply and encode!

Default excellent

Thank you I will do that. I have your webapge booked marked so i will be in your site to check it out. Thanks for the tips.
    roberttrevino.com

god this dude loves america
    Frank Sinatra - \"Thats Life, Biatch\"