Thread: DARPA's iXo Control Grid

Default DARPA's iXo Control Grid

This is my 2nd released video I finished in about 1 week back in March. I'm going to be showing it at a local film festival in a couple weeks so I figured I'd let you guys take a look at it before I do a final version.

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2301756762339435723

This was constructed almost entirely using government / military quotes, animations, videos, images and photos. The narrative is sourced from government quotes from start to finish. The soundtracked I mixed from mostly "Drum & Bass".

Since the point was to use virtually all military/government sourced materials I had to do the best i could with what was available.

The 'credits' at the end I definitely want to redo.

This is somewhat controversial while quite unknown to most people, so before you laugh be sure to see where all of those quotes came from:
    blog.myspace.com/ignoranceisntbliss

I like the concept. However I have to say that I only got 5 minutes in.

I think it would be hard work to sit through all 20 minutes of this. After a while I felt it was getting very repetitive.

that 3d geodesic graphic of the urban battlespace got used an awful lot, didn't it?

I know there is a lot of quotes in there and you are trying to include a lot of info there, but I think that you should think "less is more" Break it down into small chunks like: battlefield automation, military AI, Cybernetics, Nanotech, and interleave it with the political stuff.

5 minutes should be able to tell a powerful story of this frightening near-future.

You could also think about a narrator doing the quotes too (Kinda a'la Paul hardcastle) instead of subtitles.