Thread: Fiery glow

Default Fiery glow

Aight, so I'm new to this hole movie making thing, just started to work with Vegas 7.0 and Adobe After Effects,

My project atm is to make a guy load up a fire ball and then throw it at someone else, so far I've put in a casting bar from World of Warcraft here's a pic, http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/2...ireballcp6.png

And now I need a fiery glow on his hands while casting it, can this be done with vegas or after effects? And how can it be done?

Thanks for your help so far //GoatzZ

2. Default

you should download the demo of particleillusion (google it)!Its free!
    -Instructions:
    -once downloaded open it and click on a premade particler that fits your need. then click on the black screen in the middle of the program (the desplay screen). then click the button that is along the lines of "make movie" (sorry but im not exactly sure what its called, but it should be under "file". type in the number of frames wanted and the type of compression and BOOM! you have your effect.
    Once done with this, just import it into vegas and chroma key out the black... this has worked pretty well for me
    PS:im sorry about how bad my particle illusion instructions were... maby someone can help you with that alittle more

Aight, I'll try that one, thanks

Is there no other way I can get the glow? Guess you shall be able to do it in After effects but no idea how, maybe Particle Illusion is the best for this type of effect.

5. Default

Ya, you can do it with Vegas's Bump Map. Change the option to "Spotlight" and you can do a fireball with that.