Thread: kids stuff

Default kids stuff

As last year, I've just spent a few days working with young people from around here - So here's a couple of little bits of film you might enjoy. All the ideas, all the action, dialogue, etc., are theirs - I helped by providing kit, shooting and editing help, etc. We had a show this afternoon, which really went well.

I think that for people around 12 years old, they did a terrific job - what do you think?

Trailer: The Hunted - YouTube - The Hunted (trailer)

Movie: Forest: YouTube - Forest
    I try to make someone happy every day - but it may not be your turn today . . .

That was pretty good, Kids today are so much father a long then when I was that age.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

The forest stared off a bit slowly, but turned out scary in the end!

I see it has been inspired by "the ring". Terrifying film! surely those kids were a bit young to be watching stuff like that?

I don't know that it was inspired by The Ring - I don't know if they've heard of it. They brainstormed up the idea during the morning, talked about it a lot during the afternoon and generated the action script, and one of them wrote the dialogue the next morning.

The trailer was developed because we could access police help, and get hold of a police car and a friendly copper! It was planned around a fictional street plan, which joined a couple of disparate locations. There wasn't a written script for it.

Added: Thinking back, they mentioned Blair Witch a lot. Don't forget that all kids can access any film that has been available on TV or on DVD - even if (unlikely) their parents stopped them watching something, they'd still see it at friends, etc!
    Last edited by ChrisG; 07-29-2007 at 12:15 PM.

oh most definately! by the time I was 12 I had seen loads of scary movies I shouldn't have! It is most definately inspired by "the ring" or some other japanese horror type film and of course blair witch,though seems to be better filmed than that one

I was going to say about the policeman, he was either friendly or cross with the kids and you had oppertunistically(?) set up the cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by the_Gizzard View Post

I was going to say about the policeman, he was either friendly or cross with the kids and you had oppertunistically(?) set up the cameras.
    All acted - he was one of a group of police people who work with young people, and he "burrowed" the police car specially for filming - so it was totally set up and filmed. The whole thing was shot with 2 cams inside one and a half hours.