Thread: Studio 8 sound gremlin !

Unhappy Studio 8 sound gremlin !

Hi,
    I'm hoping someone can help me with this very strange problem ............ I've been editing a video for many hours (over several weeks !) happily without too many problems.
    I've added various CD tracks - no problem ............. at least until tonight !
    For some reason all my sound just on the "background music track" was muted for a while then it came back without me doing anything to change it - strange but then ........ I deleted a sound track in the timeline window as I've done on numerous occasions before without a problem but tonight I've attempted to do the same - it's dissapeared in the timeline window as it should but when I then played the section to my amazement the track was still playing even though it had clearly gone on the timeline ! Spooky !!!!
    So I thought, little clitch so I then tried to add another CD track in it's place - and the first - deleted track - still played !!!!!!!!!

Any ideas before I throw my pc out of the window - I've spend litterally weeks editing it and have virtually finished.
    Thanks
    BJ

I always had sound sync problems with Pinnacle 8, so I literally did throw it out the window in the end, and went on to using MovieMaker... yup.

You should have a look to see what happens with the sound tracks locked and not locked. Strangely, when I don't lock my audio on Studio 11, it can get cut up and mashed around alot a bit oddly, and I reckon this might be something to with it. Try locking your sound, and if that doesn't work, try unlocking it.

Of course, if that doesn't work, then I'd say copy all of your video transitions, effects, etc. (everything from the timeline) into a new project, but don't paste the annoying audio track. From there, you can put all of your new audio back on.