Thread: DVDA4: "Retrieving media info" then nothing...

Default DVDA4: "Retrieving media info" then nothing...

In DVDA Studio 4, a problem recently started occurring (after successfully Preparing) when I'm ready to 'Burn.' After selecting which DVD drive and speed, I get an error message: "Retrieving media info. Please wait." Then nothing happens at all. (Must use task manager to exit program.)

Related issue maybe?: DVDA recognizes my original internal DVD drive (Pioneer DVR 106D), but lately it's not been seeing my external Atapi USB2-connected DVD reader/writer.

Everything worked fine with previous version of DVDA (I needed Movie Studio Platinum 7.0 for the AC3 audio capability), and the new MS Platinum works fine, but the new DVDA is much slower-running on my Windows XP, 2.2 Ghz, Athlon 3200+ PC with 1GB RAM, and now the burning process won't work at all. Aargh!

Any help much appreciated.

Is it updated? Are you files online or off line? have you defraged your hdd recently?

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman Photography View Post
    Is it updated? Are you files online or off line? have you defraged your hdd recently?
    I feel like an idiot for not discovering (from the Sony site) the upgrades for DVDAS 4.0. I'm running original, unpatched 4.0, build 24 (from shipped discs). I see there's 4.0a, 4,0b, and 4.5!

Do you recommend that I simply download the newest rev (4.5) and see if that helps?

Could this be an issue too? Some Sony upgrade release notes said that DVDAS has some issues with physically-disconnect flash drives...recommends using software "okay to remove" process. I just yank 'em out of the USB slot. Also, I have three (3) USB-connected SimpleTech drives, that include StorageSync software running in the background, always looking for fresh drives to offer to back-up. I wonder if I should kill that process?

(Finally, yes, HDD is always defregged. NOt sure what you mean about files offline or online. I quit Movie Studio after creating AVI file. Then start DVDAS, add newly created media, then Prepare (which works fine), the Burn (which hangs on "retrieving media info..." So I guess my files are "online" right?

Thanks again,

I have never sucesfully brunt a disc through Architect. It never works for me but i dont like using it anyway to burn -

Try preping to a folder then using something like Nero to butm the disc.

I would run the update and try again, its always best to have as little running in the back ground, Online refers to being physicly on or connected to your pc while off line refers to being on removeable storage devices.

Mark, Whats happen when you burn with dvda, I've burned 1000's of disc with dvda with out a problem.

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2