Thread: Sound issue

Default Sound issue

Im very new to video editing so please bare with me

Ive just started using my video camera to record some bike stunting. The camera is a Sony Hi8 handy cam its a few years old.

Problem ive got is I cant seem to get sound onto my pc. The camera has 3 sockets a S-video, A/V out and RFU DC out. Ive installed a S-video card into my pc and using the S-video to record the footage but how do I go about getting the sound?

Thanks
    CDRIDERS
    a sportsbike and car club unlike any other, a family of bikers and friends, who enjoy the weekly ride outs and events such as drag racing, track days, stunts shows, we also have a wheelie school and much more.... Join our forum, view our pictures and videos, Introduce yourself and join our family.

bump bump bump
    CDRIDERS
    a sportsbike and car club unlike any other, a family of bikers and friends, who enjoy the weekly ride outs and events such as drag racing, track days, stunts shows, we also have a wheelie school and much more.... Join our forum, view our pictures and videos, Introduce yourself and join our family.

S-video is only for video, you should have another cord for the audio, if its stereo it will have a yellow, red and white rca connectors on the end. Another way to go is to use firewire or usb, firewire is best but since its a hi8 you might only have usb.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction