Thread: Pana SD1, UleadVS11+, PC up to it?

Default Pana SD1, UleadVS11+, PC up to it?

First off, sorry if this has been asked too many times already, I've searched and read for too long now.

My camcoder use is, as often the case, holidays, events etc, I'm no professional, but I do want to end up with edited and well presented results.

I have a Panasonic SD1 on order and I'm about to hit the Buy It Now on Ulead Video Studio 11 Plus, but my worry is about the PC that I have....

The PC is quite new, but the buying decision was made before I went for AVCHD video as a camcorder choice. I know that VS11+ has a proxy utility (although I've also heard that it is $%&*) My Pc is a Vista Prem OS, Core2Duo E4300 with 2GB of DDR2 RAM and an nVidia GeForce 7200GS graphics, 250GB SATA HDD. 19" widescreen LCD (with HDMI input). I've read minimum PC spec's but I have no idea how the E4300 processor stacks up. I will at least be adding a HDD for purely video storage, but should I consider replacing the processor/overclocking?

Any help would be appreciated, I know just enough to be dangerous

Bristol uk
    Blog Entries

ThatPC will be fine for video editng - I really would avoid overclocking, a reliable pc is the most important thing by far for video editing. Rendering puts a real strain on the pc and overclocked pcs are more likely to be flaky.

Thanks Mark for that, good point with regards to reliability.