Thread: Jagged lines in finished render

Default Jagged lines in finished render

Ive about a year experience in vid editing and rendering. This web site has been a huge help.
    I render with WMV9 at about 1meg useing the vegas default template and up the bit rate to attempt higher vid quality.
    I notice that in the finished vid that when the camera pans from side to side or up and down you can see jagged edges on almost all images.

Here are 2 examples

That looks pretty normal for highly compressed video.

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

Hmmm... I'd be looking at my deinterlace preparation method.

It would appear that you are seeing the 2 fields of interlaced media. You will notice that this is ONLY visible on moving items or where you are MOVING the camera - same thing!

Basically, our cameras videoing in 25fps, are in actual fact capturing 2 fields of information. That's 50 fields every second, and at some point these fields need to be interlaced to produce smooth edges. Now, if we then produce a rendered file format that is not prepared to REDUCE this interlacing - a deinterlace method - then these fields will become stubbornly apparent. This I believe is exactly what you have here.

The site below is very useful, please read it and consider to render a de-interlaced file!

What is deinterlacing? The best method to deinterlace movies

Last edited by Grazie; 07-25-2007 at 05:41 AM.

Thanks sooooo much man!

That link is great.

I just needed to utilize the interpolation option on the time line template. Lines are gone!

I attempted render with a DVD arcithecture compliant codec and got interlaceing......but the codec menu has its own option to interpolate, so thats handled too.

Huge help you are my friend

Quote Originally Posted by chris10362 View Post
    Huge help you are my friend
    Now go tell my Bank Manager!

But seriously, Chris, a lot of people often need to get the basics under their belt with this stuff - I'm still learning - but this interlace and deinterlace understanding is often side-stepped. And yet it is at the HEART of what we do. YEah?

I'm real glad you found that site helpful. It is well written with NOT a little humour too. I like that!!