Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets all get together to make British film

Default Lets all get together to make British film

ok

well considering you're about as far away from me as anyone in the uk can be, the logistics are awful.

maybe marc could add a forum for people wanting to meet up with like-minded individuals. I dunno about where you're from, but the g-mac messageboard is desolate, people VERY rarely post there.

Blog Entries

I hate to sound pessimistic, but the vast majority of posters are complete beginners. But it doesn't have to stay like that I'm not really sure how many regular visitors we have, but I'd say it would be reasonable to assume most members have posted one question, got an answer, then never returned

...so the first step would be to encourage people to post regulary and build a community... and if anyone has any ideas/suggestions, please post! That was the main idea for the "user video" section. If anyone wants to show of their talents, that's the place to do it.

I'm a bit of a "novice" myself in video editing, so noone can use that excuse for not posting . If anyone has anything to contribute, I'd always encourage them to post a comment. After all, this is a totaly FREE service, which can only improve with more input.... so you benefit in the long run

Blog Entries

If you want to post a video http://www.videoeditingforums.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=8 is the forum in which to do so!

Resurrecting this thread from the dark and distant past.

Why don't we all record a music video? We should all use the same music file and each do our own interpretation of it (not edited, just filmed). Then perhaps we could take all the submitted footage and use it to produce a the final video?

You could have shots of people miming, perhaps family members all doing a bit, whatever you want yours to look like. At the end something from everybody's footage is used in the editing.

Anyhoo, just a thought. Kind of thinking out loud here.
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Blog Entries

I'm liking your community driven thinking here. I'm liking it a lot. Clearly it should be a song that's easily devided into chunks, a la Band Aid or some such multi-band effort?

Or does it have to be that well defined? Perhaps the interpretation is what's the deal clincher here? One song, so many different interpretations, in one video. Yes. We need a song, and we need one NOW.

Random song: Kelis - Milkshake.

"Hold a chicken in the air" By Spitting Image :twisted: J/K

There are so many songs it could be, from something by the Beatles, to a more recent times band (U2, UB40, etc, etc). Always the issue of copyright but clearly this would just be for fun.

I don't think multi-band is quite what I had in mind as this would already provide natural delinearation. I am thinking of a run of the mill song in which everybody would record it in their own way. Again, the object would be not to edit it at that stage. The largest multicam project most of us would ever work on
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Blog Entries

There is the nasty issue of copyright. Kinda annoying as this would be totally non-commercial, but still against the LAW.

Chicken Song. Now there's a song that reminds us all that music today IS what it used to be...

I have been thinking of making a music video-style thing for this song:

second one down: Take On Me Brotha

I can see my friends doing comedy miming and dancing.

But maybe something more well known would be better.
    Gotta get through this - Daniel Beddingfield?
    Panasonic SD9, Panasonic NVGS-75, Canon MV600i

Blog Entries

That's the spirit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast