Thread: Question from a n00b

Default Question from a n00b

Recently acquired both Premiere Pro CS3 as well as After Effects CS3. I'm a novice when it comes to After Effects but pretty decent at Premiere. My question is this:

I have a test scene of my friends having a gun battle. I must put muzzle flashes and such over the footage, yet after exporting and finishing what I need to be done in after effects; upon exporting it as .avi and opening it PPro, the sequence is significantly smaller when watching the timeline, it's a video with a giant border of blackness.

Am I doing something wrong?

BTW, I am editing with an HD camera if that is of any importance

Let me clarify; I'm trying to export a 1440X1080 project from Premiere into AE, yet it's being compressed to something along the lines of 720X547. When I try to bring that back into Premiere Pro, it is a fraction of the size of all the other footage. Am I exporting it wrong in Premiere Pro? Because I noticed that even when I exported it as a sequence in DV AVI format, it was 720X547. What should I be exporting it as so I can edit it in AE in full quality?

i also have the same problem, i have been using premiere 2 for a long time and 1.5 before this, i dont know what im doing in aftereffects CS3 but got it as i wanted the options for superslomotion, but when i export in CS3 back to premiere its a tiny file or it cuts bits out

Yes. Your export from Premier Pro must be at 1440x1080 and this must be imported into Ae adn then a composition of the same size must be created for it. Export out (as 1440x1080) and then import back into Premiere pro. Works like a charm.

Even easier if you have Production Studio. You can just cut and paste then.

got mine working

got mine working as well

yay for us