Thread: Here goes ...

Unhappy Here goes ...

Taking a risk, flagging up crass stupidity on my part .....
    Decided to go digital. Now have Sony DCR-DVD 109 and Ulead videostudio 10 Plus. Took video, connected camera to computer (quite a fast one) via usb, turned on camera, turned on videostudio, selected "capture" tab, did what the manual said ..... nothing! Just snow! and a message "no input signal or signal is unclear". When I first connect the usb cable some basic looking program brings up a screen, fills it with stills from my camcorder and lets me play each sequence no problem. I just can't figure out how to tell videostudio to go get the pictures. The disc appears in "My computer". I had such great ideas for son's school plays etc. Can anyone please explain what steps to take to someone 48 hours in the game? Not been a good last two days!
    Thanks for patience.

As far as editing goes A DVD cam is probaly the Worst choice you could have made the second would be that USB cable, firewire is much better. Dose your software have a "disc import" feature. If it dose that would be your esiest bet at this point.

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2