Thread: Cyberlink PowerDirector 6 - rendering wtf

Default Cyberlink PowerDirector 6 - rendering wtf

First up, I'm a complete n00b, so please offer a little leeway. I've just bought a camcorder for random home projects, and needed some software to bring them together. After half an hour's research, I decided to go with Cyberlink Powerdirector 6, since it seemed reasonably close to iMovie, which is the only thing I'd had any experience with.

All went well with the editing, although there were some glitches in the playback when I increased the speed of some of the clips, or added certain effects.

The real issue came when I tried to export my creation as a movie. On the first attempt, the backing track was really slow and distorted, and there were distortions like vertical lines and discoloured patches on some of the clips. I played around with various formats (AVI - DivX - MPEG4), but nothing helped. I added some noise effects and transitions, and things went from bad to unbearable. On a few clips that I had added noise to, only three or four frames a second rendered.

My computer is potent enough - P4 3.4, 3gig RAM, some large fan driven graphics card - though there are some hardware compatibility issues that cause it to crash every so often.

Any ideas on what the cause may be, or how I could get it to render smoothly? Is PD6 just bad software?

TIA
    Last edited by Collossus; 07-19-2007 at 08:25 AM.