Thread: What video editing recomendations?

1. Default What video editing recomendations?

I am currently using Pinnacle Studio 10 and am finding problem after problem and bug after bug. It may well be me but I wonder if others find it like this.

I know that there must be a hundred answers to the following question but what recomendations would you make for a not over complex package?

2. Default

I thought that this was a very basic question so would anyone care to say why it received no answers because I would like to make a decision and I would welcome the advice of people who have had expereience in video editing.

Well,

Ive used both Studio 8 and Plus 9.

Found them both 'buggy' however I like the interface and its reconisable so I have just invested in Studio Plus 11.

After one false start - captured, edited and burnt my first 1 hour DVD with the new software without a glitch.
    This may also be due to my knowlege of PCs is alot better now and I made sure all background programes were killed before rendering.
    It also plays on my Sony DAVC880 which in the past has been useless and playing anything other than shop bought DVDs (Hence I had to buy a Philips to sit along side the Sony)

Already on the 1st patch but at the moment I would recomend 11.

I havnt tried any other software so this review may be a bit biased!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BML View Post
    I thought that this was a very basic question so would anyone care to say why it received no answers because I would like to make a decision and I would welcome the advice of people who have had expereience in video editing.
    Respectfully, this question gets asked a few times every single week here at the forums. The answer is usually the same.

Plenty of options to choose from ranging from zero cost up to hundreds if not thousands. We all have our favourites and tend to refer that onwards but typically suggest you download trial versions of the ones you are considering and play with them as what is good for one may not be good for another.

Default Try Magix Movie Edit Pro

I gave up Pinnacle and embraced Magix Movie Edit Pro and I have less problems now. ALthough not as sophisticated as Final Cut Pro or Premiere it takes care of most of your basic editing needs. And the price, too, would not burn a hole in your pocket. It has one key editing function like the T key for cut clip etc and also includes a built-in disc authoring program.

There's a full tutorial at Digital Video Freeware, Tutorials and Instructional Videos with Daily Updates if you want to take a look at what it can do.

Happy Exploring.