Thread: Converting .3gp files to MPEG

Default Converting .3gp files to MPEG

I have been trying so unsuccessfully to do this for about a year. 3GP files are common Sony Ericsson mobile phone video files, but you are unable to edit them in editing suites etc, as they are better in MPEG for viewing and editing.

I have downloaded various free programs like imtoo and the like. None of them have been great, or convert them into AVI's (which are really big in size)

I finally found a great program called AVOne 3GP Video Converter. The free trial (altho limited) worked perfectly, so I puchased the online version for about 15 pounds.

However this now wont convert all my clips, or will only convert half the clip. The one's it does convert doesn't sync the audio with the video correctly.

I emailed the company but to no avail (download.com reviews state they never reply).

Does anyone have any ideas of what else I can do? Or any other programs I can use? I need them to be converted to MPEGs and not AVIs. It's really frustrating. I understand quality will not be improved and the video clips will still be small etc, but I just have so many video clips I want to convert to MPEGs to use when making videos of my own!

Help! hehe.

Thanks =) Any replies appreciated!

Paul

Hey,

Has anyone had any thoughts on this? I looked at all the related threads but none of them seemed to have any more info than I already had =(

One thread suggested using "SUPER " which on face value when I looked at their website, looked great, but I can't work out how to download the bloody thing!!

However the website does say:

To download from this site without looping back to the same page you need to:
    Enable your JavaScript, clear your MSIE cache, do not block your http_referrer (with ZoneAlarm or similar), do not use a proxy.
    Queries concerning this issue will not be answered. We do not know any other answer to give.
    I have done this but still cannot work out what to do =( if no-one can answer the original question I asked, can anyone give me any more info on this?

Thanks again! =)

Paul

Final Cut Pro edits 3G formats nativley, then exports the final edit without re-compressing

iMovie (the free software) also edits and exports 3G (and even bluetooths it back) but converts it first into a .mov file (MPEG 4 I think) for the editing.

Rock on Apple!

Quote Originally Posted by MOSH View Post
    Final Cut Pro edits 3G formats nativley, then exports the final edit without re-compressing

iMovie (the free software) also edits and exports 3G (and even bluetooths it back) but converts it first into a .mov file (MPEG 4 I think) for the editing.

Rock on Apple!
    I'm not on a Mac tho =(

I'm on Windows XP, can I still download this software? Is it free etc? Bit of a technophobe when it comes to these things =( - soz lol

Hello.. i do my jobs with VideoCharge. Great soft, although it's not free. There are 3 or 4 different versions of it, i use VideoCharge Full, the most expensive one (~$100), and it doubtless can do what you want. But i guess there is a cheaper version that also can do that.

You can download Super from : http://www.erightsoft.org/97CD1687CD...SUPERsetup.exe

It is a nightmare to find the link to the file but that is it....hope that helps.

O.