Thread: Canon XH-A1 Questions?

Exclamation Canon XH-A1 Questions?

Hello again.

Here is another little problem I have.

Last weekend I shoot a wedding using the canon XH-A1 30f HDV and for some really every time somebody move in the video and when I do a panoramic shoot the image turn out of focus

Do you guy know any setting that I can use to fix this problem?

Thank you for helping me

As this is a decent camera I would expect it to have both auto and manual focus. Maybe it was on manual focus and when people moved the focus was then wrong on what was in front of the camera.

Alternatively....

If you have captured your footage and are viewing this 'out-of-focus' footage then I need to ask if you are sure the camera is actually out of focus. It may just be an interlacing issue which can give a jagged edge to moving objects when you view interlaced footage on a computer screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
    As this is a decent camera I would expect it to have both auto and manual focus. Maybe it was on manual focus and when people moved the focus was then wrong on what was in front of the camera.

Alternatively....

If you have captured your footage and are viewing this 'out-of-focus' footage then I need to ask if you are sure the camera is actually out of focus. It may just be an interlacing issue which can give a jagged edge to moving objects when you view interlaced footage on a computer screen.
    I use both manual and auto focus. it happen on any fast movement. I think is the shuttle speed on the camera. Do you know what is the best setting for shuttle speed.

thank you

My A1 doesn't have a shuttle speed.

If you are using 24F or 30F any fast pans will look a little stuttered. This is why I always stick with 50i, as I'm not bothered about achieving any kind of film look.

Focus will always be less of an issue if you set it to manual. Keep a short lens and small iris in full manual mode to give yourself the greatest dof possible.

These forums are great, but there's a whole other universe that's dedicated to the A1 here:

Canon XH G1 / A1 HDV Camcorders - The Digital Video Information Network

Witty signature text coming soon...