Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After Effects CS3 Vs Premiere Pro CS3

Default After Effects CS3 Vs Premiere Pro CS3

Hey,

So i got a big problem. Dont know which one these two software i should get!
    Someone tell me the big difference between these two? advantages and disadvantages with both of them, what after effects is really supposed to do? only "effects" what is premiere's usage? and the most important thing, which do you think i should choose? im not looking for a software to just paste and cut some bad footage i wanna work with different effects and all that.

after effects is for compositing ( adding Special effects ) and premiere is for editing ( cutting )
    Last edited by Chapman Photography; 07-16-2007 at 05:31 PM.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman Photography View Post
    after effects is for composting
    Yeah. it's used by all th e World's best gardeners! lol

OK, you found a Typo, you proud of your self...lol
    Wil

Software Used:

Only meant as a joke. Hope it didn't come across too nasty. Apologies if it did.

joking aside though, CP is perfectlty correct.

AE is for adding effects to clips and sometimes generating those effects from scratch. Once these clips are ready they can be editted together within your Prermiere pro project.

In my opinion, if you only have one then you need an editor before you need to be able to add special FX so.

No offense taken, It's all in fun, but now you have me reading my post 4 or 5 times for errors...LOL
    Wil

Software Used:

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
    Only meant as a joke. Hope it didn't come across too nasty. Apologies if it did.

joking aside though, CP is perfectlty correct.

AE is for adding effects to clips and sometimes generating those effects from scratch. Once these clips are ready they can be editted together within your Prermiere pro project.

In my opinion, if you only have one then you need an editor before you need to be able to add special FX so.
    OK!

Which combination is better then?

Premiere CS3 and After Effects? or Vegas and After Effects?

sure, Premiere and AE are the same "maker" but still i see many use vegas and AE...

I use Vegas and AE with no problems, Premiere and AE have more of a connection switching between the 2 is easier. Keep in mind you need a beefier system to run Premiere, its a huge resource hog so without lots of ram and processor power it will be SLOW, Currently I run with a 32 bit athon xp 3000+processor with 2g ram and run AE7 pro without a problem. I sent back AE cs3 because my rig could not run it, no SSE2 Same with PS CS3.
    Wil

Software Used:

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman Photography View Post
    I use Vegas and AE with no problems, Premiere and AE have more of a connection switching between the 2 is easier. Keep in mind you need a beefier system to run Premiere, its a huge resource hog so without lots of ram and processor power it will be SLOW, Currently I run with a 32 bit athon xp 3000+processor with 2g ram and run AE7 pro without a problem. I sent back AE cs3 because my rig could not run it, no SSE2 Same with PS CS3.

Well im gonna try to work with Vegas and AE, but i a little bit stuck at AE, seems to be a little complicated but i'll probaly work it out.

if you fimd it a "little complicated" than you be fine, I found it very complicated when i first got it.
    Wil

Software Used:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast