Thread: Abobe ellements 3.0 problem

Default Abobe ellements 3.0 problem

I recently finished editing together a short, got all the clips in order, ins and outs, fades and dissolves. Then I wanted to go and put a title sequence at the beginning. Is there anyway to create space at the beginning of the timeline for this, without having to systematically move everything, clip by clip to the right? Made all the more of a pain when you have sound effects needing to be kept in line with the video.

And yesterday, I had a wee problem. I added some music to play out over the end credits, and I added keynotes to tie in the slide changes with the beat. However, the current time indicator wouldn’t snap to the keynote points to allow perfect alignment for the slides. Also at this point, clips of video wouldn’t snap to one another either. A glitch or have a toggled something off?

With the timeline window in focus, CTRL+A selects everything on the timeline. Drag and drop everything right a little bit to make a space at the start of the timeline for your title. Left click drag and sweeping across all clips on the timeline will achieve the same result, if that makes sense.

I suspect you have toggled off 'snap-to' magnetic clip positioning. Look for a magnet symbol near the top left side of the timeline window, or look it up in the help files.

Witty signature text coming soon...