Thread: DROPPED FRAMES IN ADOBE PREMIERE 6.5 via FIREWIRE

Exclamation DROPPED FRAMES IN ADOBE PREMIERE 6.5 via FIREWIRE

hi.i'm new to this forum and i'm not english, i hope you gonna understand me ...i have adobe premiere v6.5. since i got a new computer while capturing my video in adobe premiere (via firewire) frames are dropping....but with my old computer that didnt happen...i dont know what the problem is..so...please help...

Theres no way to help you with that little of information.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Quote Originally Posted by andrej View Post
    hi.i'm new to this forum and i'm not english, i hope you gonna understand me ...i have adobe premiere v6.5. since i got a new computer while capturing my video in adobe premiere (via firewire) frames are dropping....but with my old computer that didnt happen...i dont know what the problem is..so...please help...
    Please tell us your computer specs, including size, type and number of hard drives.

In the meantime, try capturing with another program like Windows Movie Maker or WinDV to see if Premiere might be the cause of your problem.

Witty signature text coming soon...

yes...capturing with movie maker is ok...there is no droppping frames, but when I capture with ImageMixer v1.5(program which I got with my Sony Mini DV DCR-TRV 14E PAL - that's my camera). is also dropping frames....

Processor: Pentium 4 (2.40 GHz)
    Display Adapter: NVIDIA Ge Force 6600 GT (128 MB)
    2.00 GB of RAM (actually it is 2 x 1.00 GB of RAM)
    Audio Device: CMI 8738-C3DX PCI Audio Device
    Hard Disk: MAXTOR 6L080J4 (80 GB) - free space is about 65 GB
    Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768
    Screen Refresh Rate is: 85 Hertz
    what else?
    Last edited by andrej; 07-15-2007 at 11:16 AM.

The PC looks OK, although most video editors will tell you that you should capture video to a separate (internal) hard drive from the main operating system/program drive.

I'm at a loss as to why Premiere 6.5 is dropping frames on you but good old Windows Movie Maker isn't. Does your new PC have Vista, by any chance? If so, compatibility with what is, to be fair, a quite ancient version of Premiere may be the cause.

The workaround to the problem is obviously to use Movie Maker to do your capturing. The files captured by Movie Maker can be used in a Premiere project.

thank you..no i don't have Vista....i formated hard drive for third time and installed windows xp again...i also installed Adobe Premiere 2.0 Pro (is that the latest one? ) ? ..and there are still dropped frames...but...AVI format captured in moviemaker cannot be used in adobe premiere, i mean i can import but when i am previewing there is prewieved only last frame....ok thanks
    and i didnt understood about internal hard drive.isn't my hard drive INTERNAL?!

Ok try downloading and using this free miniDV capturing app. Save files as type 2 AVIs.

WinDV

I dont know what else to suggest to you, other than checking that all your drivers (mainboard, graphics card, bios) are up to date.

yes....i am now capturing with winDV and captured video i import into adobe premiere and edit there...thank you bert

Hi !
    I had this problem with my computer when adding footage,It was fixed by a system defrag (it works )

Good luck

andregovia