Thread: Well 11 is here what you all think ?

1. Default Well 11 is here what you all think ?

I have Studio 11 plus on my Vista 64bit system.

I have to say, it hasnt crashed at all ( so far )

I completed a small DVD in record time last week.

How are others getting on with the stbility of it ?
    Live from Norwich !

Sony PC1000E ( Stopped working after 13months)
    Sony HDR-HC3 4Mega Pixels High Def Mini DV Broke
    Canon HF 10 - Broke
    iPhone4 Sport
    Waiting for the Sony HDR-GW55VE

Avid Studio, + Pinnacle Studio14, Win7 64bit 12 GIG memory, Nvidia GTX590, twin 3D display, 2Terrabyte HD

I'm still using version 9.4.3 and don't intend to switch to 10. But I'll give 11 a try, if it's worth it, I'll buy it.

I don't trust Pinnacle any more, Why can't they fix 10 before making a new version, I'm sticking with Sony.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Well,

I loaded it this morning, all OK so far - Pinnacle studio Plus Version 11

There is already a patch which I have downloaded.

Interface and options are all very similar to Pinnacle 9 (Didn't bother with 10)

However a real bug in 9 was capture and the sequence of booting the camera and software for the capture mode to work correctly. This looks like its been sorted with 11.

Yet to really use it but will update when appropiate.

Default First Edit and Burnwith 11

Found the whole experience better than Studio 9 Plus.

The new faster PC helps this alot.

All OK except for:

When capturing there is no sound - not sure whether there should be or not!!!

When I burn't to disc and played it in my Sony and Philips DVDs there were 2 'glitches' - not sure why or how. Studio 9 discs would not play at all. Hence the reason for the Philips DVD player.

Tried to put in a menu but when previewing in DVD mode it looked all wrong and due to the time I decided to burn without a menu.

I would be interested in other members comments and whether there are any fixes for any of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Waratah View Post
    When capturing there is no sound - not sure whether there should be or not!!!.
    If you capture from DV, that's normal that you did not get an audio preview during record. Studio automatically switched audio off to use less CPU resources.
    A workaround is to simply use the speaker of your camcorder.

Quote Originally Posted by bvregille View Post
    If you capture from DV, that's normal that you did not get an audio preview during record. Studio automatically switched audio off to use less CPU resources.
    A workaround is to simply use the speaker of your camcorder.
    Thanks for the tip.

I had Studio 8, and gave up on that after all of the sound-synch bugs it had. I found Movie Maker to be better!
    but I was encouraged to buy 11, and I now have the Ultimate version. Loving the green-screen that comes with it. It's really handy.

I can't say I need to use things such as HD or a widescreen monitor as v.11 or Ultimate boasts. Neither do I have Vista, I'm using XP. It works, but for those of you thinking about getting it for XP, watch out, as the rendering can take a while on even short clips. E.g, if you've chroma-keyed a 10 second clip, it may take a minute or more to finish rendering. A bit annoying, but it's easily overcome if you go on the internet and distract yourself. That said, Pinnacle will release patches to speed up this process, so I'm not worried.

I well recommend it. The Ultimate version only costs a little more than the other versions, and you get a green-screen, HD compatability and 'Vitascene' which has some pretty impressive effects.

Quote Originally Posted by BritishEye View Post
    I had Studio 8, and gave up on that after all of the sound-synch bugs it had. I found Movie Maker to be better!
    but I was encouraged to buy 11, and I now have the Ultimate version. Loving the green-screen that comes with it. It's really handy.

I can't say I need to use things such as HD or a widescreen monitor as v.11 or Ultimate boasts. Neither do I have Vista, I'm using XP. It works, but for those of you thinking about getting it for XP, watch out, as the rendering can take a while on even short clips. E.g, if you've chroma-keyed a 10 second clip, it may take a minute or more to finish rendering. A bit annoying, but it's easily overcome if you go on the internet and distract yourself. That said, Pinnacle will release patches to speed up this process, so I'm not worried.

I well recommend it. The Ultimate version only costs a little more than the other versions, and you get a green-screen, HD compatability and 'Vitascene' which has some pretty impressive effects.
    What do you mean by 'you get a green screen' without stating the obvious!!

I don't really understand the question. What do you want me to explain?
    There's three packages you can buy for v.11

Pinnacle Studio
    Pinnacle Studio Plus
    Pinnacle Studio Ultimate

If you get the ultimate edition, then inside the box will be a green sheet which you can use for a green screen for chroma-key effects, such as super-imposing yourself infront of a volcano.