Thread: Free footage or any donations?

Default Free footage or any donations?

Hi!

As you can see im a new member and im interested in editing and such. The thing is that i dont know the moment atm to buy myself a proper camcorder... so i wanna know if anyone knows a place where i can get relative high quality footage or if anyone is willing to "donate" anything. Just need something to play with. Could be like 1 min or like 10 min, just many different parts that i can stick together and have some fun with. Anything please. Unedited stuff of course

Sounds like you need to buy a few monthly Video editting magazine from your local newsagent. These tend to come wiht cover disks that often contain example clips as well as a miriad of software trials version for yout o er, well, try out.

Or you could practice with still images.

Blog Entries

Also check out the 'prelinger archive' for tonnes of groovy old rights free footage. Iedited for six months befor i got a camera and used footage from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
    Sounds like you need to buy a few monthly Video editting magazine from your local newsagent. These tend to come wiht cover disks that often contain example clips as well as a miriad of software trials version for yout o er, well, try out.

Or you could practice with still images.
    Damn, i must be stupid, didnt think of magazines But the thing im wondering about is if we got any swedish or any at all magazine about video editiing and such. Still images aint no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Also check out the 'prelinger archive' for tonnes of groovy old rights free footage. Iedited for six months befor i got a camera and used footage from there.
    Cool, will check it out if i find it. Thx

here's a site royalty free stock photography community | iStockphoto.com that says sign-up for free and get a free stock video each week - but i only see a Free Video of the Month on the front page. well at least a free video each month - this months is stock of some ant activity - hmmm DV quality free.
    Last edited by ACRyan; 09-15-2007 at 01:01 AM.

Still images can be very fun and challenging, ever hear about Ken Burns he made a career out of still images, Hes also on the cover of "Editors Guild" (its a U.S. editors union publication)
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Swedish magazines!!!, I haven't heard them being mentioned in a long time, well not since we all got the Internet.