Thread: Movie Effect

Default Movie Effect

Does anyone know what the effect is called to make my video look like a movie for vegas 6? Or just any effect to make it smoother and clearer,

Are you talking about "movie looks"?
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

just a normal video effect that you place into a clip.

Chris? Are you asking "how" to add a Vegas FX: "just a normal video effect that you place into a clip"? Or are you asking for a particular "LOOK"?

It would be really helpful if you gave some examples as to just what you are wishing to achieve - yes?

Grazie

im talking about which paticular "look" is the best to make the clip very movie like. and smooth

And I repeat. What IS that look? Give some examples - please?

Grazie

lol like i said like a movie. very smooth and the colors brighter, not dull. Very exciting looking. Sorry, but i dont know how to explain it any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris5309 View Post
    lol like i said like a movie. very smooth and the colors brighter, not dull. Very exciting looking. Sorry, but i dont know how to explain it any better.
    Ah! NOW we are getting somewhere!! No need to apologise, really. Putting "words" to what is in my mind is often a bit taxing for me too! LOL!!!

OK, when I get to a piece of work that I've done and I think "Neah .. not what I'm after?!??" I start by throwing some Colour Curves Fxs at it. This kinda gets me going. Try this for starters and see what I mean - yeah? Another quickie is to throw Colour Corrector at it and SATURATE or GAMMA it.

There is MUCH to experiment with here. Often you DO have enough digital information in the capture, you just need to experiment with to start to get some ideas.

If you wish, throw me some stills and I'll have a go?!??

Grazie

9. Cool

You could also adjust the brightness / contrast, experiment with different hues, add a little motion blur (maybe even a little gaussian blur to "soften" your image)... And if your footage is interlaced, remember to render it progressively. Also, if your footage was filmed in 4:3, you might want to crop or "letterbox" it to 16:9 for that widescreen effect.

Whatever the format, whether film or digital, proper grading will give a whole new lease of life to your picture, and should never be over looked.

MS.
    Last edited by Marcus Schmuck; 07-10-2007 at 09:57 AM.

Blog Entries

I wrote this quick use on the basic use of 'curves' to spurce up video, might be useful.
    http://www.videoforums.co.uk/reviews..._articleid/235