Thread: Quality question

Default Quality question

When ever I try to render a video.. the quality of the final product is never as good as the ones i captured... its like there are scanlines filters on the video or something ( i really dont know how to call it)

I dont know if its my camcorder.. the options i recorded it with or my computer.. or i did something wrong while rendering..i tried alll sorts of options but everytime the i just see those scanlines after i rendered..

I am using premiere pro 2.0

please help me, thanks in advanced

Check your field order, and try switching to a diffrent one, lower, upper, none/progressive
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Like Chapman, this sounds like an interlacing issue from the hints you've provided so far.

Can you be more specific and maybe provide screen shots of exactly what you mean? There are times when you do want to de-interlace your footage and times when you defintiely want to leave it alone. How you are going to finally deliver your movie is VERY important here. i.e. for web viewing or for DVD production? Or maybe both?

ok i think i made an attachment with the sample of one frame..

sorry, but im not sure what you mean by interlacing or field set..can you explain abit??

thanks again
    Attached Images Attached Images

That image is definitely interlaced. This is due to TV. In PAL country, a normal TV will display half a frame every 'refresh'. i.e. you TV flickers at 50Hz but each of those is only half a frame, dranw by displayeing every other line. (You can see where I'm going can;t you?) SO effectively you are getting 25 frames per second really but in an interlaced fashion. Every other frame displays every other line.

This is why you see that combing effect in your still image. You are seeing two of the interlaced frames at the same time.

This is not necessarily a bad thing mind. If you are ultimately going to build a DVD then you want this so when it plays back on your TV it will look good. PC monitors are progrsssive devices and expect a full frame each time so you tend to see this effect and it does leads to many people's confusion.

So if you are ultimateloy going to display on the wweb then you will need to de-interlace to remove this effect. But I suggest if you do need to then do it at the last stage, after all your editting, when you export your final movie. That way you have a single editted project and you can then choose to export it for web viewing or for DVD viewing.

Hopefulyl this makes a littel sense.

Thanks for the explaination!!

but if i just want it on the web, how should i export the video?

tick the 'de-initelace' box in your export settings for your favourite format. It'll be there somewhere.