Thread: Pinnacle Studio 9 - Two menus - Problems

Default Pinnacle Studio 9 - Two menus - Problems

Hi all,

as a first, sorry for my English

I am trying to make a project in Pinnacle Studio 9 with Two Menus.
    The First Menu has Two Buttons:
    1st button: PLAY ALL
    2nd button: Jump to the Second Menu which is "classic" scene selection menu.

The Second Menu X buttons linked to the each separate chapter. One button in Menu Two is linked back to the First Menu.

Please, see the attachment.

The problem is when I want to use the Play All Button from First Menu, because the playing STOP on the fisrt Yellow M2 sign and jump to the Menu2 (you can see it in attechment). :(

How can I do it when I want to pass the M2 return sign when I use the PLAY ALL Button from First Menu ?

Please, help me.

[/b]

elephix2 Guest

Hey, I've done things like this before, and I figured out somewhat of a trick to get around this. I noticed your total video isn't that long... Just lay down your full video in the time line TWICE! Have the first menu link to the first video (playing through all of it), and then the second menu link to the second full video (divided into chapters). I'm not sure if there's any other way. This has worked for me, and there would be no way to even tell once it's on a DVD. So just put 2 seperate files down of the same thing (copy > paste).

TOMMEE

Default Video length

Hi, thank you for your advise. Someone in gave me this advise a time ago too but the problem is that I canīt you it because me video at about 1 hour 10 min so I canīt give it two times to the project. I agree that it is the best and easy way for short video.
    I think that the thing I want to do with this two menus is a basic thing in DVD menus and everybody can find it in all professional a original DVDs so I am very surprised that Studio 9 canīt do it.

perhaps put menu 2 at the end of the video so it runs through then goes back to the beginning?
    Aim for the Moon - If you miss, you may hit a Star

AMD Athlon64 3000+
    48x CD burner
    16x Dual Layer DVD burner
    512 Mb RAM
    Windows XP Pro/Debian unstable
    Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5
    Firewire card
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
    2 x 17" CRTs, 1 x 17" TFT

Default 2 menus

May be I donīt undestand, what you mean. But I think the problem is in the M2 end chapter sign. This is the place in the video where the playing stops and if I give the menu2 at the end the M2 end sign is in the same place in the video.

I meant that you could put chapter 2 at the very end of the film so:
    "play all" would go chapters 1 to last but miss out the very end which would be the second menu. have it finish on the one that says "konec".
    "link to menu 2" could link to the second menu which would be at the very end of the movie.

otherwise can you get the link which says "play all" to play chapter 1 - end, not just all of the movie.
    Aim for the Moon - If you miss, you may hit a Star

AMD Athlon64 3000+
    48x CD burner
    16x Dual Layer DVD burner
    512 Mb RAM
    Windows XP Pro/Debian unstable
    Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5
    Firewire card
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
    2 x 17" CRTs, 1 x 17" TFT