Thread: Making titles/rolling credits.

Default Making titles/rolling credits.

Please tell me that, other than typing in every single bit of text for the credits of a movie, there is a way to paste from other programs like word and notepad.

If not, I have about 100 freesound project files that I have to list by hand.

There doesn't seem to be a "paste" option.

Maybe it's not a menu option but I'm sure I've used Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V for cutting and pasteing in the title editor before now. I don't have it in front of me to test. But I agree, it would be a failing indeed if it didn't work.

CTRL+C and CTRL+V definitely do work.

Witty signature text coming soon...

Here's an interesting piece of trivia I picked up recently and is related to this issue.

if you've seen MS Office 2007 you will be aware that there is no longer a menu bar across the top of MS Word or Excel. thay have this sort of toolbar thingy (I can;t remember the name they give it offhand) now and all your options are on that. Well, in order to design that to work best for most people, MS gathered an awful lot of stats on which options are most commonly used by people. One of the key things that seriously came out of this is that MS were going to drop cut and past as buttons because they thought that everyone (like themselves presumably) always used Ctl-C and ctl-v) for the job. Anyway, when the stats came in it proves that over 70% of poeple actually used the menu options for cut and paste rather than the function keys. Hence cut and past buttons are now very prominent in the new office toolbars.

Personally I always use ctl keys for cutting and pasting and would not even consider wondering why Adobe failed to include menu options for them.

Teh bottom line is that I therefore think this is a failing on Adobe's part and I would put in an enhancement request asking for menu option because this is proved to be how most people perform this function..

Wow, thanks. You guys are fast.

You know, I don't think people appreciate the dedicated internet help guys like you enough.

I mean, most people learn to do something and then just selfishly keep it to themselves but you guys like to help and I think that's awesome.

Now I'm going to try it (ctrl-v)

Quote Originally Posted by Trentsteel View Post
    Wow, thanks. You guys are fast.

You know, I don't think people appreciate the dedicated internet help guys like you enough.

I mean, most people learn to do something and then just selfishly keep it to themselves but you guys like to help and I think that's awesome.

Now I'm going to try it (ctrl-v)
    What actually makes it worthwhile is the few people who actually bother to say thanks afterwards.

For the record. This ctl-c, ctl-v (and ctl-x) thing is standard Windows and shoudl work pretty much everywhere.