Thread: Audio Synch problem using AviSynch

Default Audio Synch problem using AviSynch

Hello everyone.

Please help me out cause I am loosing my sleep on the matter and it sucks...
    Here is the thing. I got 2 videos. It's the same thing shot with two different angles using 2 different cameras. Only 1 camera was recording sound.

I captured both videos in my computer and managed to add sound to the second video as well.

Now I want to do the "split screen" effect so that I can create 1 video that's slit into two so that I can see both the videos simultaneously. I used AviSynch together with VirtualDubMod and It worked. However, even though the videos starts normally... at about 5 minutes time, ONLY the second video goes out of synch. As the time passes ONLY the second video keeps going way and way off sunch. Once again, I am pointing out that both videos play perfectly and with great synch when playing on their own. I have also cut them both to the exact same duration to see if that will fix the problem but nothing... still the same.

I just used the simplest script there is...

a = AviSource("C:\cating2.avi",false)
    b = AviSource("C:\ela.avi", false)

StackHorizontal(a,b)

Sound is off in the script cause it wouldn't work otherwise - I kept getting some error about an ACM codec and didn't want to try and figure out a way around it... I have extracted the sound from the first video so it doesn't really matter. I just add it in there afterwards

Pleaseeeee Help!

Thanks a lot in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images