Thread: A Blade for the Dead

Default A Blade for the Dead

I haven't posted for a while. Here's my latest short, filmed with a Panasonic GS400. It is a 10 minute Giallo horror thriller (37Mb - takes up to 10 mins to download). I hope you enjoy it. Please let me know what you think.

Free file hosting by

I feel like the UK entry in the Eurovision Song Contest and I'm being really pummelled. Nil point. Geez !

I have provided a link to Youtube below in the hope that the lack of response is due to the fact that no-one wants to download the film rather than it's the stinkiest of stinky.

Really good news. My film won a local award. I will post more details when I can find the link. It's been suggested that I submit to a few festivals. So that's the next step.

West Yorkshire, UK

Excellent cinematography with the use of lighting and shots. The story idea is ok. I think for your next film you should develop more of a narrative with purpose. You are good visually with nice creative touches, but you need a good script to bring it all together with your style into a solid piece. Good work though on the visual side of it.

Thanks for the comments Alex. It was the visuals and atmosphere I was more concentrating on. I know what you mean about the narrative but the film was never meant to be plot driven. Having stated that I do think the central concept of the film is solid. I am working on a script at the moment which is more character driven with a more open narrative structure.