Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need urgent advice on this clip

1. Default Need urgent advice on this clip

HI!

I am making a few minute clip of twins that have a Bar-Mitzvah soon and one plays basketball and one plays soccer. This clip will be shown at the Bar Mitzvah to 500 guests so that's why I want your opinion... I've only done weddings and events and this is my first clip.

I'm not making a movie for Hollywood, but I want it to be nice!

The first half will be the Basketball kid and the second half will be the soccer kid. I only did the first half so far and uploaded it for you to see before I continue.

Please give me your opinion on things that might need changing:

YouTube - Temp2

Thanks!
    Last edited by zvi; 07-02-2007 at 03:57 PM.

Haven't seen the clip as yet but from your comments I would adopt a different approach. I would intermix both 'sides' of the footage all through the 'show'. Half football and half basketball might mean some get bored whiel on the other subject. Edit between all through the video works for me.

3. Default

Well, the basketball kid... I made kind of a story with it. First, he can't shoot at all... then he does excersize and gets powers and makes great shots. That's why I didn't combine the two.

The videos not bad, but I would have chosen some less annoying music! I can't stand the crazy frog and I'm sure many of the guest will fiind it equally annoying.

Also I hope you have the respective licenses sorted for using the music as technically it's a public performance.

To add to what was already mentioned I would get rid of few of the flashy transitions they can make a otherwise good edit look cheesey
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

6. Default re:

Thanks guys.

I decided to change the whole story. I'm going to mix the basketball and soccer kid together. After the basketball kid doesn't make his shoots, there will be a title saying... "in the meantime, on the other side of town..." and the soccer kid will also be doing bad and be depressed.

Both will get quick advice from this animated guy I have and then they will both do excersize and do great.

I also took out the "frog" at the beginning of that song. Thanks.

I will show you the finished product at the end. I HOPE to finish it today.

About a license for music.... that's a problem. The sound effects I downloaded for free but the music is stuff that they had in the studio I work in long before I came so I rather not ask and just hope its licensed.

Quote Originally Posted by zvi View Post
    Thanks guys.

I decided to change the whole story. I'm going to mix the basketball and soccer kid together. After the basketball kid doesn't make his shoots, there will be a title saying... "in the meantime, on the other side of town..." and the soccer kid will also be doing bad and be depressed.

Both will get quick advice from this animated guy I have and then they will both do excersize and do great.

I also took out the "frog" at the beginning of that song. Thanks.

I will show you the finished product at the end. I HOPE to finish it today.

About a license for music.... that's a problem. The sound effects I downloaded for free but the music is stuff that they had in the studio I work in long before I came so I rather not ask and just hope its licensed.

Ya...you better hope so otherwise it "could" cost you a lot of money.
    Wil

Software Used:

8. Default re:

ok guys! Thanks for the advice!

I made a final version of both kids mixed. Please tell me what can be done to make it better... the clip needs to be shown on July 31st!

p.s. don't mind the quality... I reduced it to upload it to YouTube.

YouTube - Twins_Clip_4_July_2007

Thanks!

Much better, but I would think about getting rid of the caption/thought bubbles, I think it weakens your video.
    Wil

Software Used:

10. Default

Thanks. Why? Do you think that the story is clear enough?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast