Thread: M2TS to AVI ?

Arrow M2TS to AVI ?

Hi guys. I'm new to this forum and camcorders. Just got mine Sony HDR-SR1, was playing with it for a while , recorded some movies, now I have a problem, movies that I transfered from camcorder to PC are in M2TS format, is there any way that I can convert M2TS movies to AVI (or some other, that will play with Windows Media Player) format ?

Thank You in advance.

-Andre

Sounds like it is a high definition camcorder. not sure if Movie Makes supports hgh def yet but typically you would capture through the same s/w you are going to edit with.

by M2TS did you mean that as the plural of M2T files. I'm familiar with the M2T extension but not M2TS as a file extension.

If it's an option you get better results if you set your camera to downscale your high def footage to standard def and then capture. It's much more likely to be in an editable format that way for free/cheaper video editors.

Thanks, just did what you told me , and it works !!!!! But now I have another question, what is that HD for ??? or what's the difference between these two formats ?

Quote Originally Posted by 1SloW_GLI View Post
    Thanks, just did what you told me , and it works !!!!! But now I have another question, what is that HD for ??? or what's the difference between these two formats ?
    It's beginning to sound like you bought a high definition camcorder without knowing it. It's really just a video image at much higher resolution.

Of course. I'm not familiar wioth that p[artoicular camera and we may find the the HD in this casae standards for Hard Drive rather than high def.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
    It's beginning to sound like you bought a high definition camcorder without knowing it. It's really just a video image at much higher resolution.

Of course. I'm not familiar wioth that p[artoicular camera and we may find the the HD in this casae standards for Hard Drive rather than high def.
    It's both. The camera records to a "High Definition" format (AVCHD) directly to a hard drive.