Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to play the entire film

Default How to play the entire film

I recently acquired “Sony Vegas Movie Studio”. I use a Mini DVD camcorder and have noticed that when played on Vegas, it will play the entire first half then stop, up until when I paused the Camcorder when using it. It plays un-paused material just fine.
    Any possible suggestions on how I can subject a full movie with paused/cut footage?.

Sorry. Should of posted in the software section.

If you don't mind having 2 thumbnails on the menu just set the end action to the 2nd clip instead of the munu, if you want to get rid of the 2nd tn just right click on it deleat tn and text, the media will still be there you just won't have a 2nd image on the menu.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

I’m sorry, but could you explain with more detail on how to do this. I am new to Vegas, but I think its worth pointing out I use “Vegas Platinum 6.0”.
    I think I’ll also mention that the scenes that don’t appear will appear if I use the track list they appear, but if I play them it will repeat from the sound from the start and just show the moving image.
    Every time I pause on my camcorder, no matter how small it will recognise that scene as a chapter, is there a possible way I could convert this movie as one entire film?

Has anyone got anymore suggestions? I'm really stuck.

There should be a setting to turn off scene selection, I use the full version of vegas so I'm not to sure where it is in platnum, try doing a search in the help file for "scene detection"
    Wil

Software Used:

I couldn’t find anything useful. The closet thing I have found is marking the scenes/regions etc. The large problem is that the entire movie only has one image shown and all of the material is stored within that image. If I used my Mini DVD without pausing, then images will show up in there dozens.
    Out of interest, would I encounter this problem if I used a Mini DV Camcorder? I am tempted to sell my Mini DVD and buy one.

You might, I would still consider a mini dv over the dvd. The dvd camcorder is recording in mpeg 2 so its compressed already then you edit and compress some more and the quilty lowers. I'll open vegas and find the setting for you.

Ok, open the image below, and look under capture preffrences, you should be able to see all the open windows. Keep in mind this is the full pro vegas version 7 so yours might be a little diffrent.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chapman Photography; 07-02-2007 at 02:54 AM.
    Wil

Software Used:

Still no luck :(.
    Just to make it clear, I open my documents with files and don’t capture them. They play just fine on Media Player, etc.
    I use the Canon DC95. Could it be the fact that it automatically places all paused scenes into chapters? Confusing movie maker.

oh, are you just putting the disc from the camara into your drive? If thats the case your out of luck, thats a finalized disc and when it finalizes in the camara it switches to a vts file, those by nature have to be small and can not be changed. What you can do is get a breakout box, play the disc in a set top player and then capture with scene detection off.
    Wil

Software Used:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast