Thread: Splitting audio and combining video

Default Splitting audio and combining video

Two questions here:

1. In Windows Movie Maker you can cut out sound at any small rate and have it pick up whenever. You just highlight the piece of sound you want to not be heard and then cut it out or mute it by using the "split" command. Thus it makes it easy to bleep out swear words ... etc. Is there a way to do this in Vegas with audio and even video?

2. Is there a way in Vegas Studio to have 2 video files playing on the main screen at one time? If anyone has seen the movie HULK they do this many times. They have the one screen, but three different clips playing in the screen. Is this possible, and if so, how?

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by daquix View Post
    Two questions here:

1. In Windows Movie Maker you can cut out sound at any small rate and have it pick up whenever. You just highlight the piece of sound you want to not be heard and then cut it out or mute it by using the "split" command. Thus it makes it easy to bleep out swear words ... etc. Is there a way to do this in Vegas with audio and even video?

In the full version click: ignore grouping then curser where you want to cut, press "S" highlight ,right click then choose deleate.

2. Is there a way in Vegas Studio to have 2 video files playing on the main screen at one time? If anyone has seen the movie HULK they do this many times. They have the one screen, but three different clips playing in the screen. Is this possible, and if so, how?

Use pan and crop, shrink your 1st clip on track 1 move where you want it. make a new track for the 2nd clip, do the same f\as track 1 ec...

Thanks for the help.
    I hope this helps,
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman Photography View Post
    I hope this helps,
    Thanks for the help Chapman. I just have one problem. When I move the box inside the TRACK MOTION settings area to make 2 split videos for one sequence, it cuts out half of each videos frame. Is there a way to make two distinct boxes of different videos, but have the whole video playing in each box. Not just a slice that wasn't cut off?

Yes make sur the "constrain proportions" is checked and drag it from the corners
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction