Thread: Video Editing Help?

Unhappy Video Editing Help?

I am new to this forum please pardon me if i sound stupid.

My Story

I went to my cousin house he showed me his wedding film i saw his wedding film before which was had too much brightness and colour wasn't right but now he caputred it or edited it using some program which looks like HD Quality dvd now. I was wondering hows he done it. Can that be achieved using just software or did he recapture it using better capture card and then converted it into DVD. (He got his wedding done by some guy he knows before he recaptured or edited it himself). I asked him about he has done it but he didn't tell me what he did.

I really want to learn how to do that i currently have Sony Vegas and Adombe premiere softwares and PC spec Amd athlon (tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200
    2.21 GHZ, 1.00 GB of RAM

I don't know how to get details of graphics cards or other pc details you may require to help me can you also post how to get detailed Pc information. thanks. Back to the topic i have good graphics card i am sure because i have recorded stuff off my vcr using Wintv software. Quality of the video captured from vcr tape is okay but not too excellent.

My wedding dvd is also has too much brightness and colourfull i gave my friend wedding tapes he converted them for me but quality is okay but too much brightness and colour i am sure i can improve this like my cousin did he completely changed quality of his wedding film. If i need to buy better graphics card i will and memory upgrade etc.

Now i want to show him i can do it too but without his help. First i guess you guys need my Pc details what spec i have in details can you guide me to program which tells you in details how fast his your pc and what graphics cards etc i have.

Thanks guy please reply back. Thanks in advance

You can fix color and brightness both by editing or recapturing.

You get detailed pc information by left-mouse-klick in "my computer", klick properties and then the tab hardware. I have swedish windows so I don't know what the next step is in english but it's a button of them you see now that you should klick.