Thread: Just a couple of questions

Default Just a couple of questions

ok so i have 2 questions, can you make a stealth effect in after effects, sort of like the metal gear solid stealth, the technical name for it is phase cloak, cause it bends light, but i wanna try and create that effect, any ideas?

and is it possible to make stuff from After effects into a .gif file. i wanna make some of my work into animated gifs ^_^
    oh the good old days.........

Bracknell, Berkshire, UK

I've no idea what a phase cloak is from Metal Gear Solid. Is this anything like the cloaking effect in the movie Predator? If so, I can tell you how I did mine in Warning though. It's not difficult but it takes an age to do.

As for AE exporting a animated gif. never seen it done yet. However, you can export to a series of still images so if you have a package that let's your pieces these together into an animated gif then you'll be away.

yea its the same kinda cloak as that........ just wondered how it was done so if i wanted to do it in the future i could. thanks. link doesnt work thought.... unless thats just me.
    oh the good old days.........